Tuesday, May 2, 2017

GIS 4043 Final Project

Hi GIS partners,

For this project, I was required to conduct a GIS study on a real-life event that had GIS connotations: the construction of the Bobwhite-Manatee Power Transmission Line. I was required to use already provided data, search and collect data, conduct spatial analysis, prepare maps, and assess whether the construction of the transmission line was feasible and acceptable based on certain criteria.

This project provided me with the opportunity to review and use GIS tools and processes such as: Projection, Transformation, Union, Buffer, Intersect, Select by Attributes, Select by Location, Erase, Calculate Geometry, and the creation of shapefiles and geodatabases. This project served to reinforce the GIS skills I learned during the course. I have included links to the project's presentation and transcript.


This is my first experience taking a college-level online course and I highly recommend it. I thank the professor and instructors for sharing their expertise and assisting me with any obstacles I encountered. The course itself was intensive, yet interesting and enjoyable. I also want to thank my classmates for their continued support throughout the course.

Gratefully,

    Jeffra Montañez Sánchez

No comments:

Post a Comment